Home | About Us | Contact Us
Rick Scott, Governor
Florida Department of Corrections, Secretary Julie L. Jones

Florida Department of Corrections
Julie L. Jones, Secretary

Filing a Grievance Alleging Sexual Abuse

Instructions for filing:

NOTICE:  As a Third party you are only allowed to file a grievance alleging sexual abuse on behalf of an inmate. All other issues may only be initiated by the inmate who could be impacted by the subject of the complaint. Third Party grievances must allege some form of sexual abuse/misconduct has occurred. 

INSTRUCTIONS: Grievances alleging sexual abuse must be filed to the institution where the inmate is currently housed. Form DC1-303, Request for Administrative Remedy or Appeal, must be completed and sent to the attention of the warden of the facility. Check the box designating Warden at the top of the form. Identifying information on the top of the grievance form must be completed. Check the box designating the grievance as a third party grievance alleging sexual abuse at the top of the form. As the third party that is filing the grievance you must sign and date the form in the appropriate area at the bottom of the form. To obtain the address to the institution that you are mailing the form to please go to the homepage and click on "Institutions" on the top menu bar. From there you will click on Institutional Organization and then choose Region 1, 2 or 3. After selecting the appropriate region, select the institution.

Before the grievance can proceed at the institution, the inmate that you are filing the grievance for must agree to allow the grievance to proceed. If the inmate agrees to allow the grievance to proceed, a copy of the response and disposition will be provided to the inmate in accordance with required time frames. If the inmate refuses to allow the grievance to proceed on their behalf you will be notified of that decision. Please include a preferred way to be contacted to ensure staff can notify you of the outcome of the grievance you filed. Please understand that due to restrictions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) details of the decision shared with you may be limited. If unsatisfied with the response to the grievance only the inmate is allowed to appeal to the Office of the Secretary.

If you have any questions about filing a sexual abuse grievance you may also call the Bureau of Policy Management and Inmate Appeals at (850) 717-3582.

Privacy Policy | Accessibility