June 1, 2018
Visitation Canceled at Nine Institutions
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - The Florida Department of Corrections (FDC) has announced cancellation of weekend visitation at the following institutions effective through June 3:
- Avon Park Correctional Institution Main Unit (Avon Park)
- Sumter Correctional Institution Main Unit (Bushnell)
- Graceville Correctional Facility Work Camp (Graceville)
- Quincy Annex (Quincy)
- Lawtey Correctional Institution (Lawtey)
- Hamilton Correctional Institution Work Camp (Jasper)
- Santa Rosa Annex (Milton)
- Hardee Correctional Institution Main Unit (Bowling Green)
- Martin Correctional Institution (Indiantown)
The secure operation of our correctional institutions is the Department's chief priority. FDC has zero tolerance for inmate misconduct or the introduction of contraband into our secure facilities. The Department is taking proactive measures to ensure these institutions can continue normal operations and that the safety of staff and inmates can be upheld. The Department looks forward to resuming normal visitation as quickly as possible.
As Florida's largest state agency, the Department of Corrections employs 24,000 members statewide, incarcerates approximately 96,000 inmates and supervises nearly 166,000 offenders in the community.