April 18, 2018
FDC, Indian River State College to Host Program Graduation
If you would like to attend, please contact the Florida Department of Corrections’ Office of Communications as soon as possible at (850) 488-0420. Attendees will need to complete and submit a media background access form. No video or photos may be taken without prior consent and approval of Department staff at the event.
- Media are invited to Okeechobee Correctional Institution.
The Florida Department of Corrections’ Division of Development: Improvement & Readiness and Indian River State College will host a Career & Technical Education (CTE) program graduation to award 33 student inmates with Computer Technician and Fast Track Manufacturing certificates.
- Friday, April 20, at 9:00 a.m. ET (Please arrive no later than 8:30 a.m.)
- Okeechobee Correctional Institution
3420 NE 168th Street
Okeechobee, FL 34972
- By partnering with Indian River State College for the CTE program, the Department of Corrections aims to reduce recidivism by providing inmates with valuable education and preparing them with employment opportunities in high demand fields.
- For further information, please contact the FDC Communications Office at (850) 488-0420 or email email@example.com.
As Florida's largest state agency, the Department of Corrections employs 24,000 members statewide, incarcerates approximately 96,000 inmates and supervises nearly 166,000 offenders in the community.