Florida Department of Corrections
Code of Conduct:
- I will never forget that I am a public official sworn to uphold the Constitutions of the United States and the State of Florida.
- I am a professional committed to the public safety, the support and protection of my fellow officers, and co-workers, and the supervision and care of those in my charge. I am prepared to go in harm's way in fulfillment of these missions.
- As a professional, I am skilled in the performance of my duties and governed by a code of ethics that demands integrity in word and deed, fidelity to the lawful orders of those appointed over me, and, above all, allegiance to my oath of office and the laws that govern our nation.
- I will seek neither personal favor nor advantage in the performance of my duties. I will treat all with whom I come in contact with civility and respect. I will lead by example and conduct myself in a disciplined manner at all times.
- I am proud to selflessly serve my fellow citizens as a member of the Florida Department of Corrections.
Oath of Allegiance:
I do solemnly swear or affirm that I will uphold the Constitutions of the United States and the State of Florida, that I will obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me, and that I will perform my duties faithfully and in accordance with my mission to ensure the public safety, the support and protection of my co-workers, and the care and supervision of those in my charge, so help me God.